As a senior manager you may face a variety of people challenges:
- Bullying or harassing workplace behaviours.
- Difficult and stressful conversations in counselling and performance management.
- Poor attitudes showing up in the form of absenteeism, low quality work, or disrespectful behaviours.
All of this operating in a complex legal framework including awards, the NES, and the Fair Work Act. Where any misstep might result in:
- Expensive back pay claims because the awards were not applied correctly.
- Adverse action claims against you when an employee does not like your decisions.
- Threat of expensive unfair dismissal and general protections holding you back in your employee management.
This is not your area of expertise but being unaware of the law is simply not an option.
Get it wrong it can become expensive AND drain your time and energy to defend what you thought were appropriate decisions. At the Fair Work Commission, various discrimination, or harassment tribunals, or even the Federal Court.
Employee relations is rarely a simple black or white decision – there is too much grey, too many unknowns. Get a lawyer and your problem can be dragged out while they try to eliminate all the risks before they allow you to act. Costs and stress increase.
We take a practical and systematic approach to control an issue and find a solution. This often results in a faster and cheaper outcome for you.
Our clients trust us and seek our advice early. We develop the most suitable risk balanced solution. We can then guide you through it step by step or, if you prefer, step in, and run the matter directly. It frees you to focus on managing your business.